June 29, 2010

An End, a Beginning; More Like a Pause


This was my last weekend here this year. We celebrated my sister’s birthday on Sunday and I was really aware of memories of the family get-togethers we've had here over the past few years. I guess the time for sentiment has finally arrived now that my departure date is so near (less than a week!).

However, since I decided to make the lake house a short-term vacation rental instead of a long-term rental, I will be able to spend as much time as I want here when I come back for a visit in about nine months. The house got booked for almost the entire summer season within a few days of listing it, so it’s all working out perfectly so far (fingers crossed).

Here’s a day at the lake with the family.

Picking blueberries by the dock.

Shucking corn for grilling.

Feeding the ducks on the beach.

Night falls.

Playing with fire!

The day ends with a spectacular orange moon.

No comments: