January 21, 2010

Free Lunch!




I have a bird feeder right outside the glass doors to the deck. I originally had a nice birdhouse, hanging on a tree, that the guy who painted my house had given me (he painted it the same color as the house!) but other critters were eating ALL the seed overnight. I wouldn't have minded if they left some for the birds but no, they had to eat every little seed, and it was pain to fill it every day. So my solution was to get a bird feeder that I could bring in every night. Brilliant, right?

Except the squirrels have no problem climbing it and because the birds spill seed on the deck, I began to get all kinds of visitors stopping by for lunch and peering at me through the glass (I'll post some of those pictures some time in the future, they are pretty funny). The upside is that now I get even more photo opportunities without having to actually step outside--I just have to remember to keep the glass clean.

By the way, the birdie in the middle picture was taking an after-lunch nap, looking quite content.

No comments: